I live in a multicultural environment which gives me a unique perspective on how to do things by first looking into a subject matter from various angles. I was raised with the concept of "Master English, Master the World" which has allowed me to collaborate and work with one universal language across the globe.
I ventured into web development during the final years of Microsoft FrontPage and got hooked with website development and monetizing web properties. I've been a Webmaster since 2007 and still administer and maintain a few web properties that are still generating revenues. I started learning Search Engine Optimization after Aaron Wall kindly gave me a free copy of his SEO Book in 2007 and since then I've been Blogging and Copywriting for various 'sponsored posts' agencies and their advertisers.
I'm a quick learner and a highly independent self-learner. I've experienced working with a diverse range of business partners while adapting to their equally diverse time-zones. I always appreciate working with a team that values self-improvement and always work to achieve higher efficiencies.
Monster Technologies Malaysia
2016 Feb – Current
Associate Manager, Search Engine Optimization
- Manage/supervise MY SEO Team members
- Serve as a central point of contact for the MY SEO implementation team
- Allocate resources and personnel as necessary to complete projects.
- Develop new processes for the SEO MY team to collaborate cross-functionally
- Take the lead on developing and maintaining the SEO team "infrastructure" (i.e. maintaining SEO Sharepoint site, SEO Server, software application etc.)
- Train new members of the MY SEO team in processes and applications relevant to SEO
- Provide input into other team member’s performance
- Implement SEO recommendations
Monster Technologies Malaysia
Jan 2015 – Jan 2016
SEO Analyst & Implementation Specialist / Analyst (Major Projects)
- Re-organized and consolidated the Monster SEO Sharepoint Site.
- Work with multiple Product Managers and Engineering Teams to implement Google Tag Manager for Universal Analytics and Webmaster Tools Verification across multiple web applications.
- Work with SEO Manager & Product Managers to provide SEO support to Engineering Teams.
- Provide technical SEO leadership and support to IT, Engineering & other departments
- Review and audit web applications to implement changes that complies with the latest technical best best practices to improve search engine visibility and performance.
- Stay up-to-date with latest Search Engine trends as well as Optimization strategies.
Nexus Mediaworks Sdn Bhd
SEO Web Developer
- Provided technical leadership of all WordPress related SEO projects.
- Worked with Graphic Designer to curate a balanced theme incorporating creative design without compromising on SEO.
- Developed a holistic SEO Web Development Checklist and re-organized the entire project workflow.
- Performed regular in-depth audits of client's website and monitored organic search performance.
- Consulted with SME & Corporate clients and discussed SEO audits, performance, strategies & best-practices.
Dec 2013 – Mar 2014
Web Developer & SEO Analyst (Intern)
- Converted web design mockups into SilverStripe, OpenCart & WordPress themes.
- Reviewed and executed action plans drawn by the technical team to improve client's SEO.
- Assisted SEO Manager in Keyword Research, Content Analysis and SERP Monitoring.
- Analysed and developed an SEO friendly website for clients from the ground-up.
- SEO Audit (Code & Performance Review) for existing clients.
Huacomm Telecommunications Engineering (M) Sdn Bhd
Dec 2011 – Jan 2012
- Assisted IT Manager in handling technical & broadband support to hotel guests.
- Worked with hotel concierge to ensure the highest guest satisfaction of internet connectivity within the premises.
- Monitored network equipment and network performance.
- Performed maintenance and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure.
- Assisted IT Manager in installing new network equipments into hotel rooms.
- Performed internal audits of hotel staff PC's.
- Planned, managed and executed content publishing schedules.
- Managed a global team of writers (US, UK, India & Malaysia) to ensure prompt delivery of well researched, concise, factual, relevant and technically accurate content.
- Liaised with graphic designers to deliver creative content across various sites.
- Administered web servers (shared & reseller) with cPanel WHM & DirectAdmin.
- Administered & Moderated several forums related to Technology, Internet, Web Hosting, etc.
- Extracted and analysed traffic statistics from Google Analytics, eXTReMe Tracking, Mint, AWStats & etc.
- Analysed raw server access & error logs to troubleshoot and identify malicious traffic sources.
- Worked with advertisers to curate targeted ad-copy
- Ghostwritten articles for various Entertainment, IT, Social Media, SEO & Finance blogs.
- Provided an ethical platform for advertisers to publish sponsored content.
- Installed, Configured & Customized Site Scripts (WordPress, Joomla, phpBB, vBulletin, IP Board, Simple Machines Forum, etc), Plugins & Themes.
- Ensured timely site maintenance (updates & security patches).
- Implemented various security mechanisms for websites to prevent/mitigate malicious attacks.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
Graduated with Second-Class Honors (Division One)
International Islamic College
Diploma in Computer Science
Graduated with a 3.93/4.00 Cumulative-Grade-Point-Average (CGPA).