I help Monster in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to build organic growth, increase their online business and ultimately drive job seekers to find better.
With a strong technical background, I'm able to effectively communicate not only with the SEO Team but also with product managers, designers, marketers and any stakeholders who might have a need to express relevant ideas to a team of software engineers.
2016 Feb – Current
Associate Manager of SEO (Global)
Work with Global Product Management to translate strategies into SEO engineering requirements and facilitate development work streams with SEO implementations.
- Central point of contact for SEO implementations.
- Manage resources to ensure tasks are correctly prioritized and delivered.
- Provide technical SEO support and leadership to Software Engineering teams.
- Lead the implementation process to ensure each task is delivered effectively & efficiently.
- Communicate complex requests & solutions to the team in order to delegate & diffuse delivery.
- Train team members to develop their experience and skillset.
- Take lead on developing & maintaining the Global SEO Team infrastructure.
Jan 2015 – Jan 2016
SEO Analyst (Implementation Specialist) – Technical Lead
Work with SEO Manager, Product Manager & Software Engineering teams to implement technical SEO enhancements.
- Pioneered deployment of Google Tag Manager (GTM).
- Restructured implementation of Search Console, Webmaster Tools & Analytics.
- Restructured internal sharepoint site for SEO Team.
- Developed responsive resume template for Career Advice sites.
- Developed experimental async solutions for SEO with GTM.
- Developed custom web scripts for xml sitemap consolidation and automated seo code validation
- Responsible for deployment and maintenance of a Dedicated Server for SEO applications and experiments.
Nexus Mediaworks Sdn Bhd
SEO Web Developer & Analyst – Lead
- Provided technical leadership of all WordPress related SEO projects.
- Worked with Graphic Designer to curate a balanced theme incorporating creative design without compromising on SEO.
- Developed a holistic SEO Web Development Checklist and re-organized the entire project workflow.
- Performed regular in-depth audits of client's website and monitored organic search performance.
- Consulted with SME & Corporate clients and discussed SEO audits, performance, strategies & best-practices.
Dec 2013 – Mar 2014
Web Developer & SEO Analyst (Intern)
- Converted web design mockups into SilverStripe, OpenCart & WordPress themes.
- Reviewed and executed action plans drawn by the technical team to improve client's SEO.
- Assisted SEO Manager in Keyword Research, Content Analysis and SERP Monitoring.
- Analysed and developed an SEO friendly website for clients from the ground-up.
- SEO Audit (Code & Performance Review) for existing clients.
Huacomm Telecommunications Engineering (M) Sdn Bhd
Dec 2011 – Jan 2012
- Assisted IT Manager in handling technical & broadband support to hotel guests.
- Worked with hotel concierge to ensure the highest guest satisfaction of internet connectivity within the premises.
- Monitored network equipment and network performance.
- Performed maintenance and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure.
- Assisted IT Manager in installing new network equipments into hotel rooms.
- Performed internal audits of hotel staff PC's.
- Planned, managed and executed content publishing schedules.
- Managed a global team of writers (US, UK, India & Malaysia) to ensure prompt delivery of well researched, concise, factual, relevant and technically accurate content.
- Liaised with graphic designers to deliver creative content across various sites.
- Administered web servers (shared & reseller) with cPanel WHM & DirectAdmin.
- Administered & Moderated several forums related to Technology, Internet, Web Hosting, etc.
- Extracted and analysed traffic statistics from Google Analytics, eXTReMe Tracking, Mint, AWStats & etc.
- Analysed raw server access & error logs to troubleshoot and identify malicious traffic sources.
- Worked with advertisers to curate targeted ad-copy
- Ghostwritten articles for various Entertainment, IT, Social Media, SEO & Finance blogs.
- Provided an ethical platform for advertisers to publish sponsored content.
- Installed, Configured & Customized Site Scripts (WordPress, Joomla, phpBB, vBulletin, IP Board, Simple Machines Forum, etc), Plugins & Themes.
- Ensured timely site maintenance (updates & security patches).
- Implemented various security mechanisms for websites to prevent/mitigate malicious attacks.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
Graduated with Second-Class Honors (Division One)
International Islamic College
Diploma in Computer Science
Graduated with a 3.93/4.00 Cumulative-Grade-Point-Average (CGPA).